Internships are full time for 10 weeks between June and August, with a preferred starting date in early June.
Participants may be involved in projects such as:
- Activities that improve understanding of forecasting problems
- Activities that address some critical aspect of operational model development
- Incorporation of social science knowledge and practices to communicate forecast uncertainty
- Activities that will create new data analysis techniques with wide application and usefulness in operational forecasting
In addition to their project, participants attend lectures, participate in workshops to build skills and knowledge relevant to the job, and present their projects in both written and oral formats. The internship is approximately 40 hours per week.
- Internship stipend ($5000)
- Furnished housing
- Travel allowance to get to and from College Park, MD